I have mentioned this before and I am sure I will mention it again and again but it never ceases to amaze me how much stuff one tiny human being can have! Packing for a short week in Vancouver I realized that I would have basically needed the same amount of stuff for a shorter or longer holiday! I think I actually had more stuff than Hawaii (Click here for that packing list).
- Pack and play: my dad actually brought this as he drove and they have an extra one at their house!
- Sleep sack
- Noise machine: I am sure this is one of the only reasons she slept sometimes!
- Elmo and Bunny
- Goodnight Moon: because we read this every night before bed! (one of our must have board books)
I knew I could get anything I wanted there (and I did), but I brought a couple things just so I didn’t have to go anywhere if I didn’t feel like it for the first day
- food pouch (just from the grocery store)
- baby cereal
- spoon (I just find H prefers a plastic one)
- sippy cup
- food mesh thing: I put chopped up strawberries in it, sometimes frozen bits of fruit for teething. We have a couple different kind, but I seem to use this one the most!
- Phil and Ted’s Lobster Chair: I borrowed this from a friend thinking… yah maybe I’ll use it… two days after getting home I have one of my own… it was awesome!
- her favorite toys including (but not limited to) her chewy banana, rattle ball, a wooden car, and a little piano things.
- car seat
- adorable outfits including her pjs, hat and little Adidas shoes
- umbrella stroller (and rain cover)
- baby toiletries
- diaper bag
- diapers/wipes: similar to the food I knew I could get things there but I just brought them as they don’t weight much and then I didn’t have to run out and get anything else
Things I brought that I really didn’t need to:
- pea pod tent: I threw this in at the last minute just in case I needed to try eliminate light to help her sleep… If I didn’t have access to a play pen this could have been a good option
- so many toys… Why I brought so many toys I don’t know… above are really the only things I should have brought with me!
- Way to many Pj’s… seriously they can wear them two nights in a row, if there isn’t any compromised diapers!
- An entire box of baby crackers… did I seriously think she would eat an entire box of these things? And then to bring them home I couldn’t empty the box or they would all break… silly me!